Monday, October 5, 2009

4 fantastic months done, 20 giga-fantastic more to go!

I cannot believe that I have been a missionary for 4 months now. The mission is going really fast! We are really busy everyday and when we're not we feel lazy so we work harder! This week was interesting. I had a lot of conversations with Greek people and it was good. It helps me to know my mistakes and improve my Greek.
This morning we were jogging with Elder Gifford and we saw a very interesting cemetery. We decided to visit it and it turned out to be an English military graveyard from World War II. It was really cool to see that. Sadly we didn't have our cameras but we're planning to come back to take pictures. A lot of English soldiers gave their lives for the freedom of Greece and it is really nice to see that these people are rewarded with a beautiful memorial.
Anyway Greece was more alive this weekend. It was the elections and the orientation of the government changed. Something funny about elections weekend in Greece is that most of the people spend this weekend out of Athens, in their villages. It's a nice tradition. Too bad we can't go and visit these villages. The people there have probably never met missionaries!
I hope you all enjoyed General Conference. It will be translated for us in a couple weeks so don't tell me anything! Haha we are really excited for it. I hope it was good like always! This year it made me think about how we should be grateful for the Church organization that allows us, wherever we are to receive modern revelations from prophets. It is a real blessing that only a few people on earth have!
Thanks for your letters and prayers. You are in mine!
Elder Clement Gaillard

No comments:

Post a Comment