Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's looking like something big is going to happen...

Hello Friends!
Christmas is coming! The streets and shops of Nicosia are full of lights. The air smells like winter. People go Christmas shopping. Pretty soon we will take out the Christmas tree from storage and try to make it look nice haha! Elder Okazaki is leaving and going home in one week so he does not really care about it. Good for him!
This transfer was really fast. It brought me to the end of my first fourth of my mission. Soon I'll be home haha! I love the mission, I love Cyprus and I love our Nicosia Branch. This week we visited the Kykos Monastery up in the mountain. It was freezing cold but really interesting. The monks have painted a lot of events from the Bible, the life of Christ and his apostles on the walls of the Monastery. It is really impressive (even if it's really Orthodox!).
We were invited by Jenny yesterday for a Chinese lunch. Their food is so good! I am very grateful for the Chinese members in our ward. They help us a lot with our investigators and they are always coming to activities to support the Branch, even if they have exams or work.
Last night we had a lesson with Amelia. We set up her baptism date. Hopefully if everything is ok she will be baptized next Tuesday youhou! She is a really nice girl who always wanted to be baptized but had a lot of opposition from her friends. She kept coming to lessons and learned about the Gospel until she was really convinced that she was coming to the right Church. And she is! I know that this Church is really the Church of Jesus Christ on Earth. It is true!
I miss all of you friends. Enjoy your Christmas times home!
Elder Clement Gaillard

2 comments:

  1. I am very pleased to see you are enjoying your time in the vineyard. I enjoy the blog posts. Keep them coming as you have time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That iѕ a really good tip especiallу to thosе new to
    the blogoѕphеre. Simple but verу аccurate information… Appгеciate yоur sharing this one.
    A must read aгticle!

    Feel free to surf to mу page http://robertpattinsonunlimited.com/
    Also see my webpage: metabolife reviews

    ReplyDelete