Monday, November 9, 2009

I ask her, and she said "Yes, next week?"

Hey Friends!
As the title of this post says, we ask one of our investigator if she wants to be baptized and she answered "Yes, next week?". Cherry has such a desire to learn and follow the Gospel. We are excited for her baptism, on November 28th. Waouh! It feels really good. I've thought a lot about it. One of the first thing I learned when I came in this mission is that I should not expect to bring anybody to baptism because Greece and Cyprus are full of strong Greek Orthodox but this is wrong. Always expect high and give the best of yourself. Heavenly Father is preparing a way for us to accomplish what we have to do. On my mission I learned that I have to work hard, have a lot of self-discipline and get on my knees to receive the help that I need. This is how it works. I am really grateful that I've learned that. I still have a lot to learn and a lot of Christlike attributes to develop.
I was reading some news from my friend Elder McLaws in Taiwan. I am really grateful for the great example he is. One thing he wrote is that sometimes he feels so ingrateful for all the things that he is receiving on his mission. As missionaries we receive so much and as I realised how ingrateful I am too, I want to work harder, do the right work, do all that I can because sometimes I don't, even if I know I should. The mission is great. I have learned so much about myself and about our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. There is so much to do and learn and I have still 19 months!
Good weather came back at Nicosia. We went on the Turquish side of Nicosia. We crossed the no man's land between the two countries. It is a modern battlefield in the middle of the city. It felt weird to know that these people have the same heritage, the same past but war separated them. They now have a different culture, language, religion,... Anyway, we discovered with Elder Okazaki Turquish Delight. It is so good. It is a really good confection made of starch and sugar and fruit flavored. Really good!
Nicosia is getting ready for Christmas already. I am very excited to see how it is what we are going to do as missionaries.
I am very grateful for all that our Savior Jesus Christ did for us. I am trying to follow his example.
Thank you for your love and prayers!
Elder Clement Gaillard

No comments:

Post a Comment