Monday, November 16, 2009

November in Cyprus

Hi Friends!
We had an excellent week here in Cyprus. Elder Okazaki and I are doing great. We teach and find people. We try to improve our teaching skills and do our best. This transfer is a great one. I learn so much and we are blessed with so many opportunities to teach and help people to come closer to Christ.
This week great experience for me was to see how our investigator Cherry is having a change of heart. It is wonderful. When we first taught her, she said she was confused and she could not understand why we decided to sacrifice 2 years of our life to come here. But now she says she understands and she is so grateful for it. Every week she is cooking us some delicious Chinese food. She is a wonderful person! You can actually see on her face how her life is becoming better and how she does feel closer to Heavenly Father. I am so grateful to be here as a misionary and being able to see that. If you don't know if you should serve a mission or not, do it! It will change your life. It will help you understand the Gospel better. It will help you to know how to work hard. It will help you to have a better life. It is worth every minute of it!
I have been a missionary for 5 months already... I miss people amd home but I love the work. This week I really learn that when you have a problem, the solution is to kneel down and ask God's help, and then go to work. It works!
Thank you for all your prayers!
Elder Gaillard

No comments:

Post a Comment